Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lincoln is 3!

September 14th
Another special day
Lincoln turned 3!
(I cannot believe i have a 3 year old!)

Lincoln's birthday was ah-mazing!
It honestly felt like Christmas.
You know when you get older, birthdays and christmas' can start to loose the magic?
Well, having a child who knows his birthday is coming and is beyond thrilled about it bring all the magic back.

Lincs birthday was so fun.
I felt like it was my birthday because of the magic.
(sounds silly, but it's true)

A few days before Lincoln's birthday we got some birthday cards in the mail. I told him we had to wait to open them in a few days on his actual bday. A few minutes later he came running to my room, screaming with excitement. He tore through his birthday cards and admired the cards for his grandparents and great grandparents. He honestly carried those cards around for week!


Lincolns birthday went a little like this....
He woke up nice and early and came and cuddled with me in bed.
I tried to remind him it was his birthday just quite yet since it was still early and I wanted to catch some more zzz....
BUT Linc turned my head towards him and said - mom, it's my birthday!
It was right. We got up and started our day nice and early.

The balloon fairy came..oh course. And brought and extra surprise
THOMAS!



Toys R Us had Thomas the Train day!
How fabulous was it? It was fabulous!
We got to make Linc a crown, he got a Thomas puzzle, coloring book and a free train! 
It was so fun going with just me and Linc. I thoroughly enjoy our afternoon date.


When we got home we had a little party!
Once again, i felt so bad that we didn't have any friends and family around-but we still had such a great time!

now, i know there are a lot of pictures, and a lot of cheesy pictures -but this is how lincoln was all day...smiling ear to ear. He didn't let anyone go without knowing that it was his birthday. When we were at running errands he kept telling EVERYONE.. "hi, i'm lincoln. it's my birthday" He even asked (while he was taking a bath) why I wasn't singing happy birthday to him.
He cracks me up








Linc got his first gun. Thanks mom




Lincoln got a big surprise for his birthday
A BIG BOY BIKE!
He has been riding a little red tricycle now for a long time -long enough that the front wheel was barely hanging on.

Lincoln was so excited for his bike



"THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!"


After some fun bike riding we came in a minute before some yummy cake. 
It got really quiet....


After a power nap it was time for the sugar





And we ended the day with Blue icecream from Cold Stone.
yummm


The next week Lincoln's other present came from his parents in Brazil
(they send a giftcard and we purchased it)
Have I mentioned that his boy LOVES trains?! :)


Lincoln's birthday was seriously so fun! 
I love our little man so much. He has so much energy, so enthusiastic, and always happy.
We love you Lincoln man! xo

And I had to add this of Winston
He loves the gun just as much as Linc does


No comments:

Post a Comment