Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Weekend

I know that if I don't blog now about our wonderful Easter weekend, I will never get around to it. Just like I haven't blogged about my trip to North Carolina yet...oops!

We had a great Easter Weekend! On Saturday we went to Aunt Gingers, Wright Family Easter Egg hunt/lunch. Lincoln knew exactly what to do when it come to finding the eggs. He found more than enough eggs :)








This is Winston...have you met him? You haven't? Well you should...he'll melt your heart
This is how Winn felt about sitting on grass for the first time...and that he couldn't eat any easter candy. (seriously....look at that face!)


After the egg hunt we all went home and had much needed naps. After which, we dyed Easter Eggs. It went pretty quick. Lincoln must have thought that it was a race to see how fast you could dye eggs. We went through 14 eggs in about 10 minutes. He put as many eggs as he could in each cup. He was overly surprised when he saw that each egg was a different color. He could have dyed eggs all day. He even went to the fridge to dye regular eggs.





Literally throwing eggs in each cup. messy, messy, messy :)


The next morning Lincoln woke up to see his Easter basket. He was so happy to see more EGGS! He loved the whole 'egg' thing. He got some candy and a new outfit...same with Winn. We kinda failed at the whole Easter Bunny thing this year. oops

 To get a decent picture.....


We enjoyed a great Easter Sunday at church. It was fast sunday so it was extra special and spiritual for me. I love that the whole day was devoted to thinking about Christ and the Atonement and Resurrection.  I am so grateful for our Savior.

After Church I grabbed the boys to take some cute pictures of them in their new, awesome outfits. Did you noticed Lincolns bow tie? When I put it on him before Church I told James, "yes, that just happened." I about died. He is such a stud!

When I grabbed Winston to place him on the grass I felt nastiness on my arm. Winn had a nice, big blow out. Great. Outfit...ruined. So I could only grab a few pictures and I couldn't really move the boys much or fix outfits because of the nasty mess going on.

So, this is the best we got. I'm going to take the boys to Thanksgiving Point during Tulip Festival and retake these pictures. Hopefully they will be frame worthy.

And yes, trying to take a picture of a 2.5 year old and a 7 month old is not the easiest...take a look for yourself :)


Okay, Winn can take a decent picture. Once again, stud.


And here is the process of trying to get a good picture....









Those boys crack me up.

Once we got Winn bathed and cleaned up we started preparing dinner. We invited James' siblings over for Easter Dinner. I grew up with a really nice, sit down dinner for Easter and I wanted so bad to create that. I tried my best.

We had ham and turkey breast, lobster bisk soup, salad and roles. And I made roasted carrots, Parmesan asparagus and twice baked potatoes.

It was a little crazy, but fun non the less. I told James in our next home I need 2 ovens and 2 dish washers :)








During dinner the boys decided to skype Layne and Marian. It was fun sharing our Easter Dinner with them :)


..And during dinner, Linc played trains...what's new? Oh, and Winn slept...what's new?


We had a great Easter! We only have 2 more Easters to go without parents! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment