Saturday, February 9, 2013

Very Blessed

On Wednesday morning my beloved phone dropped into the toilet and stopped working because of water damage. I emailed James and told him that my phone was now broken and if he needed me to just email me. Well, I never got an email back from him. James usually gets home from work around 5:30 each night. On this night, it was 6:30 and I still hadn't heard from him. I was getting ready to send him an email hoping he'd received it to ask him when he'd be home from work. Right before I sent the email, James walked through the door with his brothers, John and Taylor. James came right to me and handed me his phone. He showed me this.


James and John carpool to work each day.  On Wednesday, James was driving. They took a break an headed to the gym. On their way home they got into this accident. James was driving 50 mph up by Wasatch Blvd (45 is the speed limit) and was driving through a normal intersection. He had the green light so of course he continued through the light. A 84 year old man was in the turning lane wanting to turn left. And for some reason he turned right in front of James. James had no time to react...they plowed into each other.  I'm grateful for the lady who witnessed this accident who quickly called 911 to report the accident. The paramedics and firetruck were there before the police were. James was able to get out of the car, and go see if the man in the other vehicle (who was in an suv) was okay, which he was. When the paramedics asked who was driving the car, James replied it was him. They were completely, absolutely shocked that the driver (james) was in perfect condition...no scrapes, no cuts, no blood, no broken bones...and he was walking and talking. John was in the passenger side, which got hit the worst. He experience some chest pain in which the paramedics monitored him at the scene to make sure he was okay. Which he was.

I couldn't not believe that of all days, not to have a phone...not to know that my husband was in a serious car accident! I am so grateful that Taylor was home and answered his phone to pick James and John up.

I think James and John were still in shock and running off of adrenaline when they got home because they were both kinda laughing about what had happened. Before we went to bed that night James turned to me and expressed how amazed he was that every one involved in the accident were okay and that his only injuries were his pinky (from when the air bags went off) and he was just really sore and stiff.  He does have a little burn mark on his right wrist too from where the airbags hit him.

We have been truly blessed that every one is alright.  We are grateful that the man admitted it was 100% his fault and will be covering the damage caused. Honestly, I cannot even describe how grateful I am that James was watched over that day.

It's sad that our car is now totaled. We just paid if off 3 months ago. Now, we have to start all over again in purchasing a new car. oh the joys :)

1 comment: