Saturday, February 2, 2013

Family Adventure

Many of you know that James bought a Franchise of Ameriprise Financial clients down in Las Vegas last Spring.  Since then, he as been traveling down to St. George and to Las Vegas each month for a week so he can meet with clients and be at office in Vegas. Every time he leaves I feel like crying because the thought of me being the only parent around for the kiddos not only stresses me out but it freaks me out! Since i had Winston we said that we would take a family trip down and we were finally able to make that happen. So we packed up the truck (thanks John!) and headed to St. George for a few days and then headed to Las Vegas for another few days. We enjoyed our time together as a little family! It was so nice that it was just us, and we didn't have to worry about other families' schedules or what they wanted to do. It was our own schedule which was so nice!

The actual trip was great! But I don't think we will be going down with James anytime soon. Since he was working he was gone a lot meeting with clients and such - which left me and the boys usually in the hotel room cuz James had the car. And Vegas isn't really a kid friendly city. I wanted to put a blind fold on Lincoln as we walked to our hotel room each day. I will say though, he LOVED all the flashing lights. He kept pointing and telling me to look at all the Christmas lights :)

I told James that even though it wasn't as fun as it couldn't have been if the kiddos weren't with us - it was completely worth it just so Lincoln could play outside! He was in heaven! We left Lehi just before the big snow storms hit - we came home to another foot of snow. boo! Anyways - Linc loved his time running around, playing with rocks, and exploring the outdoors. And Winston enjoyed the sun and sleeping in his car seat. (I feel bad because most of the pictures of him are of him sleeping)

The boys did great in the car! We left on Monday during their nap time so they pretty much slept the whole ride to St. George. Linc did watch a little movie which he loved. And James and I listened to Moby Dick on tape. Not what I would have suggested but it made James happy.




Lincoln looking out the hotel window waiting for James to get back from a meeting




 The first day we took Lincoln to a park and to feed the ducks.
Lincoln loved the ducks as much as James did!







James was obsessed with the duck!





 When Lincoln was little he hated swings! I mean...HATED THEM! I was so surprised when he begged me to put him on the swing...he LOVED it!


That night we took Lincoln to so see the Temple. The St. George temple is breath taking!
After the Temple we went and got yummy ice cream! yummm

The next day we needed to head to Vegas. But before we did, we stopped at a Dinosaur Museum. The Museum was built over actual dinosaur tracks. It was really neat to see all the tracks and fossils. James loved every second of it. Did you know he wanted to be a Paleontologist when he was little?! yep, he sure did!













After the Museum we went and took a tour of the Tabernacle. The sweet couple missionaries there were in love with our boys. Their mission ends tomorrow (sunday) and they were so sad to be leaving. It was so fun and nice to chat with this amazing couple. Lincoln kept calling them Tampa (grandpa) & Dama (Grandma). It made my heart ache for my own parents and in laws. I was grateful that for an hour Lincoln had pretend grandparents to love and share chocolate with him :)

We spent our nights in Vegas in the hotel snuggling the kiddos and watching movies. We didn't want to be out and about the strip with the little ones during the night.






The next day James had to be at the office all day. Luckily for me I have some great friends who live in Vegas, Ashton and Karen. They were both my roommates for 3 years while we were in Provo going to school. I love these girlies so much! We had such a great time getting updated on each other lives. It is crazy that we have 6 kids between the 3 of us! How time flies.


The next day James had some appointments we had to stick around for so we decided to walk the strip in the morning. It was so good to be in the fun. Lincoln loved seeing more lights and all the water fountains. He didn't like however the Statue Display at Ceasears Palace.









We then headed to St. George where we had dinner at a park. The ride home was great. I am really surprised how well the kids did. We did encounter a rough 30 minutes or so of lots of tears and screaming...but nothing an ipad and diaper rash cream couldn't fix :)


1 comment:

  1. This is cute! I didnt know he goes down there so much.. we frequent St. George as well. We are gonna have to meet up sometime and have an adventure

    ReplyDelete