Monday, February 11, 2013

2 cars down....

Saturday made for a glorious day. A glorious day I tell you

wait...who am I kidding.

There was nothing glorious about it ... not one little thing.

So, since we are were down to 1 car, the Range Rover, me and James had to plan out our days to see when James could take it and when I could take it. He had been talking it to work because he has had meetings. Saturday I planned a baby shower brunch for my sister in law so I told James that I would be needed the RR for the morning. We had a great brunch at Kneaders and afterwards I went to turn on my car and .... nothing. It didn't do one.single.thing.

I sat in the car and quickly called James. No answer. I called him 17 more times. No answer. I don't know why I felt like I needed to call James..it's not like he had a car sitting at home to come rescue me. So, I sat there. In a snowy field off the side of the road for 30 minutes. I called my sisters, my madre...I called anyone who would be willing to come get me, but nobody was home or they didn't answer their phone. I finally got desperate and started calling my neighbors (5 neighbors to be exact). My last hope was to have a neighbor run over to my house and tell James to answer his phone and call me. My 5th call I was able to find someone who was home to help me out.

I soon got a call from James asking me what was up. I told him how i'd been stranded for the past 45 minutes. And his answer...sorry hun, I'll try calling someone to come get you.' And I'm thinking...I called EVERYONE already! Well, lucky for me, I was able to get a hold of my sister in law Melissa. She came right down to pick me up. When she got to the car we tried to jump it. HA! It was a sight to see. Then a good samaritan stopped to help out. Bless his soul. He tried and tried to figure out what was wrong but with every try, nothing worked.


With no luck, Melissa took me home. James was then able to call john to help tow the car back to our house. Once it was there, James had Sam take him to Salt Lake to pick up a rental car. 

I tell ya, our luck with cars this week has been a nightmare! I'm now stuck at home because we only have the 1 rental car, and James will be taking that to work. Hopefully today or tomorrow we will be able to take the RR to the shop to get it fixed. James thinks it's super big problem and it will cost us a fortune. Which it will - it's a Range Rover for heavens sake. So, once it gets fix we will probably put it up for sale to get a different SUV for me....one that doesn't cost so much to maintain.

And then we are on the hunt for a car for James too. But James cant even think about getting new cars yet because he is so stressed out about the accident he was in. He still hasn't heard from the insurance agencies and such. We feel it's going to be a long process and a lot out of pocket until the insurance companies get on top of things.

Well, there is my rant. I like blogging because I am able to clear my head and get things off my chest. I know this probably doesn't make sense and has a lot of ramblings, but it helps me clear my head and begin thinking straight.

Here's to hoping this week is better

1 comment:

  1. don't hate me but I laughed... I can totally see you sitting in the parking lot calling everyone and freaking out the whole time. I'm sorry you have 2 busted cars. When it rains it pours. That has happened to us more times that I can remember. Keep on keeping on friend.

    ReplyDelete