Sunday, October 21, 2012

St. George

On October 6th James had the St. George Marathon, which means we were able to have a little family get away!

James had to work in Vegas earlier that week until Thursday so on Thursday I drove me and the boys to St. George where we met up with James. The boys did surprising well. We had to make an emergercy (not so emergency, but it was very needed) stop in Scipo. I was so grateful for that exit. Lincoln was freaking out because his 'animal' movie was over, and Winston was beyond hungry. So we took a 30 minute pit stop so I could get the boys happy for the rest of our road trip.

I was so happy when I picked James up at the St. George airport (he flew in from Vegas). It was so nice to have another adult in the car. I was so tired of nursery songs and counting songs.

We were able to stay at our Sister in Laws family condo. It was fun to stay with them for the weekend and have a relaxing (for me at least) weekend.

After we got settled in the condo we took the boys to the St. George Temple. I have been trying to teach Lincoln about Temples so I wanted him to see a temple up close. As soon as we pulled up he pointed and yelled, TEMPLE! I love that he can recognize a Temple. (he actually thinks all big, pretty buildings are Temples :) )

I loved being able to talk to Lincoln about the Temple and Jesus while we were there.



Later that night we took Linc swimming. It took him a little bit to warm up to the water, but once he did, he was a dare devil. Which of course, is never a good thing while swimming. Needless to say I had about 50 heart attacks watching him try to swim by himself.






The next day we went up Snow Canyon and played at the sand dunes. Linc was in heaven.
These first 3 pictures KILL ME! Linc was running down the hill and fell. I caught it perfectly! :) 






 Linc with his cousin Rock





 Winston enjoyed the shade with daddy

The next morning was the Marathon. James, Taylor, John and Sam all ran it. Lisa and I tried to get up to Snow Canyon to see the boys at mile 13. We encountered some major traffic and missed the boys. Luckily enough we made it to the finish line to see John, Sam and James finish. We weren't lucky enough to see Taylor though, he was flying! He finished 2 minutes before we got to the finish.

The boys all did so good. James ran 3:20. It wasn't his best race, but he knew going into the race that he would get around that time so he was pleased.







 Here comes daddy














After the race the boys showered and we all headed home. It was a quick little trip but so much fun! Congrats all you runners (James, it looks like you're gonna kill John)

No comments:

Post a Comment