Sunday, October 28, 2012

I had a birthday

This was a big year for me. I turned 25 on the 8th of October. 25...wow. As my brother-law put it so nicely...I'm closer to 30 now than 20. Thanks Nick :)

I did have a great birthday though. I was pretty nervous that I would be very disappointed though. This was my first birthday (well, technically second) birthday that my mom was around for. She is such a great party planner. See knows how much I enjoy my birthday and she always makes it special. I had emailed my sweet cousin, Tara on Oct. 1st saying we only had one more week til our birthdays (we share the same birthday) and she so nicely said this: "...You need me to make a list for him(James)  or I will! 1. Birthday balloons on your mailbox 2. Delish breakfast 3. Take all the girls out to lunch for your birthday 4. Fab presents!! And that's just the list of what to be done to make up for Becky! Don't even get me started on his list! Lol"  Needless to say, James had big shoes to fill :)

I gave James a great list of things I wanted. Usually he will give me money and say, "happy birthday, go get whatever you want." This year I told him I want to physically open a present and I want it to be a surprise. Well he surly did surprise me...

On the morning of my birthday, James got up with the boys and let me sleep in. He told me before he left for work that he was going to get up early and go buy me flowers, but Winston woke up (at 6 AM) and he figured I would enjoy sleep vs flowers. Ding ding ding! I married a great guy!

When Lincoln got up, James went into his room and I could hear James reminding Lincoln how to sing happy birthday. Next thing I knew they were standing in front of me singing "Happy To Me". I love my sweet boys.

Throughout the whole day he kept calling to tell me Happy Birthday and sent me sweet text messages.

Me and the boys went to go visit James' sisters, Megans grave. We share the same birthday as well. I feel lucky to share a birthday with her. I just wish I could have met her. This was also Winston's first time visiting Megan. I think Megan appreciated it. 




 We also stopped to see Great Grandpa Wright. Linc was graciously sharing grass with him :)

The rest of my day was spent with the boys, running errands and packing because we were leaving for North Carolina the next day!

James got home from work and we went and took the kids to Kelli's house and James surprised me with dinner. He didn't tell me where we were going, he just said reservations were at 6:00. I was soo excited! We haven't had a date night in such a long time. I was so excited for just one adult, one on one time!

Before we left, James handed me a box. Inside this box was a jewelry box and inside that box was a beautiful necklace.  James had surprised me with a necklace that had 2 pendants, one with an L for Lincoln and a W for Winston. I had always worn a necklace with an L on it since Linc was born and since Winston was born, my necklace was outdated.  James so so sweet to pick out a new necklace for me with both of my boys initials. I love love love it!


James ended up taking me to Tuscany. I have never been there before so it was extra awesome! We enjoyed a great evening together and of course enjoyed delish food!

Even though 25 is a big year and I am getting older, this year I had more gratitude than ever! I am so  lucky that I have such a great husband who loves me and our boys, who is such a hard worker, who would do anything for our family. I'm so lucky to be a mom of 2 amazing boys! And most recently, I'm so grateful for my degree! Even though I hope and pray I wont have to work or use that degree, I am so grateful that i have it and i have accomplished my schooling. 

All in all, I had a fabulous birthday! And to top it off, I got to see my parents the next day!!
(be prepared...NC blogging will be happening soon. I took over 1000 pictures :) ) 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment