Saturday, September 15, 2012

"Happy To Me"

"Happy To Me"
was said over and over again by Lincoln yesterday.
Yesterday Lincoln turned 2!!!

I cannot believe I now have a 2 year old
(and a 3 week old)
When do I grow up?!

Lincolns birthday celebration started the day before his birthday when I took him to Walmart. Grandma and Grandpa Wright gave Lincoln a Walmart gift card for his birthday and my Grandparents Craven gave Lincoln some cash for his birthday. I decided that I was going to take Lincoln to Walmart and let him pick out his birthday presents from them. My Grandma Craven use to do that when I was little. I LOVE IT! I still remember doing that with her...and I even still have a teddy bear that I picked out for one of my birthdays. I loved the one on one time with her and I wanted to try to recreate that for Lincoln. We had so much fun! I left Winston with Kelli so I could have some one on one time with Lincoln. He was in absolute heaven!

Here he is picking out his presents! If he could - he would have had me buy all balls - but I limited it to just one - we have sooo many balls at our house!







So he ended up getting this T-ball set from Grandma and Grandpa Wright
and we bought the movie, Madagascar and ONE ball from Great Grandma and Grandpa Craven.
THANK YOU!!

When Lincoln woke up (nice and early I might add) on his birthday, he found his balloons right away and couldn't put them down.  When I started to sing happy birthday to him he started jumping up and down and had the biggest smile on his face.."happy to me, happy to me!"






After we got ready for the day we headed to Utah's Hogles Zoo. James was able to take the day off work so he was able to come with us - which was a great treat (and blessing to me).  Lincoln is OBSESSED with animals these days - especially Elephants and Monkeys so we figured that "animals" was going to be the theme for his "Happy to You" day.





















After the zoo we headed home for nap time. Wait - nap time on your birthday - uncalled for! Yep, Lincoln went napless yesterday, which resulted in a lot of tears and a lot of throwing fits because he couldn't go outside. Poor Guy.

We invited our families over for Lincolns birthday party. We had a great time visiting and eating. Lincoln was in heaven with all his new toys. Thanks to everyone who came and helped us celebrate! We loved having everyone here!

I continued the theme of "animals" for Lincolns party. I had fun Pinteresting and cooking for his party. Although I don't think I will ever have a big birthday party on my kids actual birthday again. I was too stressed and grumpy all day. I would rather have a more relaxed day and really focus on my childs birthday - rather than cooking and cleaning. But even with that said - it was a great and fabulous day!

 We skyped with my in laws so they could talk to the birthday boy







 these cupcakes were deadly! yum yum






All his presents













 Hello Mack!





 Lincs Elmo potty training book was a highlight!
 James and I bought Linc a wiggle bike for his birthday. We were so excited to give to him...but who knew we needed to put it together?! Parents failed that one!


  
My Grandma gave Winston cuddles all night. He was in heaven...so was she :)



 (A little loud)
BLOW! (and keep your ears covered)




And this was Linc by the end of the night
"NO MORE CHEESE"
I guess I took too many pictures of him yesterday.
Oh well!

 We love Lincoln so much! We are so glad he is in our family!
Love you Mister!
xoxxo


No comments:

Post a Comment