Tuesday, September 4, 2012

2 weeks old

My little Winston is already 2 weeks old.
Time has surely gone by so fast!
It's not fair that babies grow so stinkin' fast!

We went in for Winston's 2 week check up
Here are his stats:

Weight: 6 pounds 5 ounces   5%
Height: 21 inches   72%
Head: 36 centimeters   36%

Winston was born 6 pounds 4 ounces, but came home weighing 5 pounds 15 ounces. So, he was able to get back up to his birth weight, plus he gained an ounce. He also grew a whole inch. 
Even though he's growing so much already - it's crazy to think how small he really is. Lincoln weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces and was 21 inches long. Winston still has some growing to do to hit Lincolns stats :) I love that my Winston is a skinny, minnie. 


James and Lincoln came with me to the appointment because I was still unable to drive and lift Winston in his car seat. Lincoln was worried the entire time that we were at the doctors for him. He started crying when the doctor came in. I kept telling Linc that this appointment wasn't for him and that it was for Lincoln. After getting a sucker and sitting on Daddy's lap - he was at ease. So sad for him though, because Lincoln's 2 year check up is in 2 weeks...shots included. Yikes.

Lincoln is such a good big brother. When Winston was laying on the table to get measured, Lincoln got all concerned, pouted his lip and said while shaking his hands, "Winston, all done. All done." He didn't want Winston to get hurt by the doctor. It was so sweet.

 "Hi Winston"
 Lincoln was singing head, shoulders, knees and toes with Winston :)
"Head"
 "Toes"
  "BIG HUG"

The doctor said everything looked great with Winston. He looked over his charts from Davis Hospital and isn't concerned about Winston being in the NICU and being born 3 weeks early. He said he should develop properly and be perfectly healthy. 

The doctor also checked his belly button - and then pulled off his little cord that was still attached. It always makes me sad to see that go. It means my babe is getting bigger. But at the same time, I love that I don't have to fold down his diapers anymore. We have a lot less leaky diapers now - which means less laundry for me!


Winston also had to get his little heel pricked for the PKU test. I hate having a baby cry in pain. Well, to our surprise, Winston got pricked and didn't even flinch. He was content and happy as can be! The doctor said he has never had a baby not cry during the prick. I have one super baby!

Speaking of super baby. My little Winston is a sleeping champ! He sleeps 5-6 hour stretches at night/day. Yep, you read that correctly! It has been sooo nice. I really think that getting sleep has made a world of a difference for me being able to heal from the c-section. I feel great, I'm moving great, I'm not tired, I can function, I can keep up with Lincoln. It has seriously been so amazing. I am so glad and lucky that Winston is such a great baby. I am seriously spoiled!


We sure love our Little Winston and our Lincoln too.
We have been truly blessed. 
I just love my family.

First Family Photo of 4
(this is as good as it gets when you have a 2 year old :) )



1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOU GUYS! So glad to hear things are going well. Give Winston lots of kisses from us. H-man can't wait to pick on someone smaller than him:)

    ReplyDelete